1) This commenting forum is primarily meant to be a way for people to share their experiences and opinions regarding various health and medical concerns and procedures. It is not meant as a substitute for professional medical advice. If you are having a medical emergency, dial 911. If you suspect you are having an adverse reaction to a medication or treatment, please consult your doctor, pharmacist, nurse practitioner or other qualified medical professional. Do not suddenly stop any medication or treatment without consulting a medical professional. Doing so may result in serious health problems, including death.
2) Be respectful, both to other commenters and to the larger community that may read your comments. Refrain from obscenity, vulgar, hateful, abusive or threatening language and personal attacks. Refrain from language that may be construed as libelous or defamatory. Comments with such language will not be posted. Users posting such comments may be banned.
3) Be patient; comments do not post immediately. This is done to keep the site as useful as possible. The commenting forum is actively moderated and it takes time to approve comments and to weed out malicious or harmful comments, spam, links to questionable websites, etc. Please allow extra time on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
4) The People’s Pharmacy™ reserves the right to edit any comment for purposes of clarity, readability, grammar, spelling, or tone. Comments that have spelling and/or grammatical errors in excess, including writing in all caps, excessive use of texting slang and lingo (for example b4 instead of before, or 2 instead of to or too) and lack of any punctuation or capitalization (for example im instead of I’m, or ive instead of I’ve, and lack of any use of periods) may not be posted.
5) Do not post “spam.” Refrain from posting advertising or posting comments for commercial gain. Comments that are overtly commercial in tone or are promoting particular commercial products or services may not be posted or may be edited. Users engaging in this type of activity will be banned.
6) Comments that mention specific products (pharmaceutical, herbal, or supplemental) by brand, or those that mention specific stores, retail outlets or websites where such items may be purchased do not imply any endorsement by The People’s Pharmacy™ or its agents.
7) Please keep your comments related to the post, article, or comment they are associated with. “Off Topic” comments will not be posted. Comments that do not add to the conversation may not be posted. Please refrain from overtly political or religious commentary. Such comments may not be posted (with the exception of respectful comments in the area of health care policy, subject to the moderator’s judgment).
8) Do not post links to potentially malicious websites, files, or programs that may be used to deliver malware, viruses, Trojan horses, or other any other harmful computer code. Users engaging in this type of activity will be banned.
9) By commenting you agree to allow The People’s Pharmacy™ or its agents to reprint or use your comment in any capacity that they may choose (including but not limited to print or online publications, or broadcast) in perpetuity.
10) Refrain from posting duplicate comments.
11) Do not post phone numbers, full names, street addresses, email addresses or other personal sensitive or privileged information, either of your own or of other persons. This is to protect our users’ privacy and safety. Exceptions include commenters with professional credentials who choose to post their full names and credentials when offering an opinion on a specific medical or health topic (for example a doctor, nurse, nutritionist, massage therapist, etc., offering commentary or analysis in their professional capacity.)
12) Anonymous or anonymized posts are acceptable (for example Anonymous, John S., Ruth G.), but impersonating another person or assuming their name for the purpose of posting is not allowed.
13) Advocating illegal or potentially dangerous activity will not be allowed. Using the commenting forums to attempt to violate state, local, federal or international law is not allowed.
14) Collecting or storing personal data about other users is not allowed.
15) The opinions expressed in the commenting forum do not represent the views of The People’s Pharmacy™ or any of its employees, volunteers, or associates. You will not hold The People’s Pharmacy™ or any of its employees, volunteers, or associates responsible or liable for any comment or comments you may find offensive. Likewise you will not hold The People’s Pharmacy™ or any of its employees, volunteers, or associates responsible or liable for acting on information provided by any commenter on this forum/website that may cause harm to your health or well being.
16) The People’s Pharmacy™ and its agents reserve the right (but not the obligation) to refuse to post/publish any comment or comments or to remove or edit any comment or comments at their discretion.
17) Any comment you post to The People’s Pharmacy website must be your own original composition. Using the copyrighted work of another person, corporation or organization in whole or in part is not permitted with the exception of limited quoting of other materials where the source is attributed and the quoting falls under “fair use” doctrine. If in doubt, just keep it original.